- Look for chances to be more active during the day. I.e. take the stairs or take 10–15 minute walking breaks while watching TV.
- Don't get discouraged if you stop for a while. Gradually start again and work up to your old pace.
- Don't exercise right after meals or when it's very hot or humid.
- Track your activities on a calendar or logbook. Write down the distance or length of time and how you feel after each session. If you miss a day, plan a make-up day or add 10–15 minutes to your next session.
- Celebrate your success! Reward yourself at milestones. Nothing motivates like success!
AHA Getting Started-Tips for Long-Term Success
What other tips do you have to be successful at exercising regularly and having a healthier heart?!