Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Have You Tried Water Aerobics?
If your looking for a fun new way to exercise try Water Aerobics! Water aerobics is a great workout for all fitness levels and for all ages plus it is a fun way to work out during all seasons including the freezing winter and the sweltering summer months. A water aerobic routine is not just about splashing around the pool - it is an excellent way to burn off fat, build strength and aerobic capacity. In fact, water aerobics is known to benefit individuals suffering from arthritis and multiple sclerosis.
• 1 hour of water aerobics can burn from 450 to 790 calories! If you are combining it with a healthy diet, you're having pure fat loss.
• Over weight people can do more types of movements in the pool and without stress on the joints because water gives support.
• You are giving your heart a cardiovascular work out and a good routine will work every major muscle.
• The water adds resistance to your movements, so you are also doing strength training!
• There are a variety of people that go in all shapes, sizes and ages.
• You will not be expected to be at the same fitness level as those who have been taking the class for a while. So start at your fitness level and always keep moving.
• Bring a water bottle.
• Ask questions. The instructor will show you the proper form and ensure your safety.
Water aerobics is a great way to exercise with minimal stress to your body, no matter your size or fitness level. You will notice that your endurance for other activities will be greatly increased, you'll feel energized, and sleep more soundly. You will not only lose weight faster, but also you will notice that you are becoming firmer and building muscle! By having more muscle you will burn even more fat and calories, without even trying!
Ready to jump in? Check out the Water Aerobics schedule at Gene Fullmer Rec Center.